by Laura Berthiaume June 06, 2022 3 min read
If you're starting to plan travel with your children again, this post will help!
Below is our favourite travel activities, toys, and printables.
Travel printables are great because they take up almost no room. You can print a handful so they're ready whenever you need them.
1. Stereognostic Bag - this activity is endlessly entertaining and you can do it over and over with different items, making it new again. TOOBs are a great addition to Stereognostic Bags. Go here to find out how to prep this activity > https://themontessoriroom.com/blogs/montessori-tips/my-favourite-on-the-go-montessori-activity
4. Stickers - Stickers are so great for tons of activities, like:
5. Lacing cards (or the mouse and cheese for smaller children) - these are so light, thin, and quiet, they're one of the best travel activities. For older children, you could bring large buttons for your child to "sew" onto the cards.
6. Magnet Toys - Magnetic board toys are so great for travel because you don't have to worry about the pieces falling all over the place.
7. TOOBs - these small, portable toys are great for children going through the sensitive period for small objects (up to ~4 years old) who love to fiddle and play with little items. They all come with matching nomenclature cards so you can play matching or memory games with these sets too.
8. Plus Plus- these are perfect travel toy. They're light and so portable with unlimited options for play. I always have a small bag in my backpack for on the go.
Note: there's small and large Plus Plus, with the large being suitable for 1+.
9. Beads - beads are a great, focused activity and they're so small and light.
Here's our favourite sets:
10. Sensory Tubes - You can prep these ahead of time, using them to make calming sensory bottles or fill them with interesting small objects, like items in nature, or fill them with coloured rice and small objects that they have to rotate the bottle around to find.
11. Walter Wooden Activity Board for Infant- this activity board is the perfect size for travel, with many different sounds, colours and moving pieces to explore. The velcro straps on the side also allow you to attach it to different structures.
12. Magnetiles - these don’t up take up much room if you add them to a large ziplock. There's tons of imaginative play options and the fact they're magnetic means they're less likely to spill all over.
14. Wooden Peg People - when you're really tight on space, it's great to add bring open-ended toys that can be used for lots of different imaginary play. Peg people are perfect for that. Plus, they're small and each set comes in a canvas bag for storage.
Play and Store Bags are an easy way to store toys AND set up a clean play space on the go. This one is waterproof so it works for the beach too.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
by Laura Berthiaume November 22, 2022 2 min read
by Laura Berthiaume November 22, 2022 1 min read
by Laura Berthiaume November 02, 2022 5 min read
Find out when we re-stock, get new products, and get tips on how to bring Montessori into your home.